SPINE SURGERY A to Z
Spine Surgery A to Z – Is Surgery for Neck or Back Pain Necessary?
It is reasonable to consider spine surgery, if the pain has not diminished after :
- Non-surgical treatment
- No response to medication,
- Back pain is impeding on your life generally, stopping you from completing basic daily activities,
- Or you are an elite athlete, unable to perform at your best, due to back pain or spine injury.
Some spine surgery options are minimally invasive, for example a microdiscectomy, which relieves the pressure on a spinal nerve root by removing the material causing the pain, and allows for a quick recovery. While other types of surgery, for example a posterolateral fusion requires far more extensive surgery. This painful disc degeneration is common in the neck (cervical spine) and lower back (lumbar spine) and Total Disc Replacement surgery may be required to correct.
If you have been referred to Mr Malham by your GP, or specialist, and completed a consultation, you may have been advised you will require surgery. There may be additional questions you have or maybe you’d like to complete further reading to understand your spine surgery procedure more. Either way, our Spine Surgery A to Z section, is designed for Mr Malham’s patients to reference and to gain further information about their spine surgery needs, and includes:
- Your type of ‘Spine Surgery’ – Spine Surgery Information Sheets
- Answer questions you may have regarding preparing for spine surgery, recovery and your rehabilitation – Patients’ Guide to Spine Surgery
- Caring for yourself after surgery – Post-Operative Recovery
- How to safely ‘get moving again’, after your Spine Surgery – Physiotherapy and Post-Operative Exercise
- Learn about the technology used during your spine surgery and latest advancements – Technology
- Medical models of spine sections; a visual reference – Neuro Gallery
Mr Malham’s Private Consulting Rooms
Epworth Private Richmond
89 Bridge Rd,
Richmond VICTORIA 3121
Phone: (03) 9426 6666
Fax: (03) 9427 0353
GENERAL ONLINE ENQUIRIES :
CONNECT WITH US